Frequently Asked Questions

Feel free to contact us if you don’t find your answer here


Can I get a Rush Service?

Yes. We can always expedite your request. Please be advised that not all cities or counties provide rush service.

Why do some searches take so long?

The majority of the cities and counties send a written report and we are subject to their time frames.

Can we contact you after the lien search report has been received if we have any concern?

Yes! We are always available to answer any questions you may have even after receiving the report from the county or the city.

Do I need to do a search on vacant land?

Yes. There could still be outstanding special assessments, code violations for junk or lot mowing, or even remaining open permits.

What happens if my closing doesn't occur?

If your file does not close; the lien search is on us!

When Do I need an Estoppel Letter or Estoppel Certificate?

If the subject property is a member of a homeowners or condo association, then an estoppel certificate will need to be obtained prior to closing. This is done to find out if there are any outstanding balances on the property that are owed to the association. The outstanding balance can include past due assessments, special assessments, fees for violations through the association, legal fees, etc. Please be advised that properties can belong to more than one association. The name of the association(s) must be provided to us in order to research and obtain the estoppel letters.

If I want to order an Estoppel HOA search, what information do I need to provide?

In order for us to research and obtain an estoppel letter from the association, we will need you to provide the name of the Condo or Homeowners Association. If you have any additional contact information for the association, you can also place that on the online order form to assist us in our search. Please note, if there are multiple associations that pertain to a specific property, you need to provide them all to us on the order form!

Need Help with the forms?

We are happy to help, call us today at 305.403.3405